Bedford – Helicopter Tours and Flights
Because you only live once, treat yourself to a helicopter tour over Boston, one of the world’s most beautiful cities. We have a river, a harbor filled with ships, skyscrapers, parks, universities, and impressive bridges. We’ve flown thousands of customers around the city already and hope that you’ll be next! You trip starts at Hanscom Field, right in the middle of Minuteman National Historical Park and a short drive from downtown Boston. We offer the following tours:
- Enjoy the views near the airport of Henry David Thoreau’s Walden Pond and historic Concord, MA: $99 per person; two-person minimum
- Retrace Paul Revere’s famous ride through Belmont, Arlington, Harvard University, M.I.T., the Zakim Bridge, downtown Boston and the waterfront, Beacon Hill, Back Bay, Fenway Park, Boston University, the Charles River, the Waltham mills, Brandeis University, Weston, and Lincoln: $199 per person; two-person minimum
- Follow the downtown Boston loop above with your choice of a journey along the North Shore or South Shore beaches and towns: $299 per person; two-person minimum.
To schedule a tour or a special flight, call us at 781-274-6322.
- We can accommodate up to three passengers (275 lb limit per person, 550 lbs total)
- Photos are encouraged – so bring a camera!
- The best time of the day to fly: Mornings are typically the smoothest. Evening flights are also smooth, plus you may enjoy a beautiful sunset and the lights of downtown Boston are beautiful
What’s it like?
Taking off from Hanscom/Bedford, we fly over the Revolutionary War battlefields of Lexington and reverse Paul Revere’s horse’s steps back towards Boston over Route 2. We will pass the Mormon Temple and continue in to West Cambridge where we will fly down the Charles River, surrounded by Harvard College on our left and Harvard Business School on our right. We’ll continue down the river to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, then make a U-turn just past the Museum of Science to fly over Beacon Hill, the Massachusetts State House, Boston Common, and the Public Garden. We will continue over Beacon Street through Back Bay, below the Hancock and Prudential skyscrapers. At the Fenway Park baseball stadium, we’ll turn left to give everyone a good look at where the Red Sox play, then over the Museum of Fine Arts and back around the tall buildings of Back Bay and downtown Boston. We’ll come around the waterfront, seeing the Boston Harbor Hotel (the one with the hole in the middle), Quincy Market, the New England Aquarium, the North End, the USS Constitution, and the Bunker Hill Monument. We’ll begin our trip back to the airport by flying over the Zakim Bridge.
If you want to extend your flight, we can visit your neighborhood or fly up and down the shoreline. The trip from Boston up the North Shore to Marblehead, Salem, and Manchester is very scenic.
The tour around Lincoln, Concord, and Walden Pond is about 10 minutes in the air plus another 10 minutes of starting up and shutting down the helicopter. It is a good choice for kids and others who want to experience helicopter flight. The standard Boston tour is closer to 30 minutes of flight time, depending on the wind. Tours that include the North Shore or South Shore are close to 1 hour in the air.